Happy Fourth of July!
This morning we woke up early and ran in a 4 mile race.
That is not us. Just some crazies running 4 miles with a flag.
4 mile race = unlimited margaritas this afternoon.
Or in Rich’s mind, “just enough not to succumb to alcohol poisoning.”
Me, Rich and my sweet flag sunglasses!
This race was beautiful. The humidity was a little much for Kacey but then she lives in Arizona.
Kacey and Rich (Kacey might be hard to find she seems to blend in)
It was just right for Rich and I because well, we breath water being from Florida. Rich ran his 4 in 32:20 and I ran mine in 35: and change.
My mom, and my running friends Michele and Brenda all ran in Tampa.
My mama took 4th in her age group!
Yea she gets it from me 🙂
Rich’s family always has a huge hoopla.
Well when you roll 80 deep that’s what happens
After a huge debate on what to bring, I
was told decided to make Canyoustayfordinners s’more brownies.
Note: Spoon licking may occur. Exercise caution.
Graham Cracker Crust
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
3/4 cups unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
4 cups (packed) mini marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a 13×9 pan with foil, leaving a little hanging over the edges. Coat foil with cooking spray. Make the graham cracker crust by combining crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a bowl. Press crumb mixture firmly into bottom of the pan making 1/4 inch crust. (yea I hate touching things like butter but I manned up).
2. Put the chocolate and butter together in a large bowl. Melt together in microwave. I microwave in 20 second increments until butter was completely melted. Finish melting chocolate by stirring.
3. Then stir in sugar.
4. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
5. Blend in flour, mixing until just combined.
6. Pour brownie mixture over graham crust.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes. (check with a toothpick, only a few crumblies).
8. Let brownies cool for 1 hour.
** Super important part**
9. Turn on oven’s broiler. Add marshmallows to the top of the brownies (cooled). Broil marshmallows for about 1 to 2 minutes. Watch them broil, especially if you are like me and hate burnt taste.
You thought I was kidding…watch them!!!
Let the pan cool and lift the brownies out of the pan. Peel the foil down and cut into squares.
I hope everyone enjoys their holiday!
Be safe and responsible.
And remember to thank servicemen and women for their dedication to our country!
Shout out to Mack and Kacey!!!
And all the other fabulous service people I know 😉