Rich and I had a great time celebrating the fourth.
Rich spent most of it giving the people’s eyebrow to a wiffleball.
And celebrating beating 12 year olds at can jam.
I spent most my time playing with the sweet faces.
I did try to set a couple of them on fire but they were too quick for me.
We also made some delish cupcakes. I altered howsweeteats cupcake recipe to be more patriotic.
And I get to use my favorite ingredient:
only makes 12 cupcakes- I thought it made more 😦
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups cake flour (I used cake flour because supposedly it makes it less crumbly)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup milk
red and blue food coloring
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar together in an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat until combined.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add half of the dry ingredients and mix. Add milk, and once mixed add remaining dry ingredients.
3. Pour a third of the batter into a separate bowl. Add desired amount of blue food coloring.
4. Pour a third of the batter into another bowl. Add desired amount of red food coloring (mine is more pink but I tried.) Make sure to leave another third of the batter white 🙂
5. Put the red in the cupcake pan first, followed by white and topped with blue. I made sure to level out each layer before adding the next color.
Bake for 18 minutes. Let cool on wire rack. Add frosting.
I was all set for making homemade frosting but I was anxious to get my drink on so canned works for me!
If this does not make you want to try these your heart is made of stone.