I am obsessed with the Food Network.
It started small with just Paula Deen. Then they added shows like Throwdown, Diners, Drive in and Dives, Chopped, Iron Chef and most addicting of all: The Next Food Network Star. I love all the shows but any show that includes Bobby Flay is on is a winner in my book.
Luckily, my obsession can be fed on demand via my cable company, mostly commercial free! Sometimes there are random commercials for mayo (Bobby is in those so I approve), but sometimes they showcase other chefs.
Melissa d’Arabian pops up everyone once in awhile and most the time I tune her out but this week they showed her making Huevos Rancheros with tortillas in a muffin.
I love love love making things into cupcakes.
Tacos + Cupcake tin = WIN!
1/2 lb ground turkey breast
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup shredded zucchini
1 pgk taco seasoning
1 package of tortillas ( LaTortilla whole wheat)
1 cup black beans ( I used canned, rinsed and drained)
1 cup cheese ( I used cheddar but you could use mexican blend)
1. Spray large pan with Pam or use olive oil. Saute onions and zucchini until soft.
2. Add ground turkey breast and cook until browned.
3. Add taco seasoning.
Preheat oven to 400.
4. Grease a muffin tin.
5. Cut the tortillas around the top, making them small enough to fit into the tin. It takes a little bit of folding up on the sides but they fit.
6. Add a spoonful of black beans into each cup. Top with meat mixture and a sprinkle of cheese.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Remove from oven and garnish with your favorite taco toppings. We used chopped onion, spinach, tomato and guacamole.
I LOVED them.
Rich- These tacos look funny.
He is so sweet to me.