You want this.
Every ewwwy, gooey bite.
It makes your belly happy.
Chipotle Macaroni and Cheese
*we used chipotle because I was feeling experimental but you could use plain old gouda
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup flour
2 cups 2 % milk
2 cups skim milk
1 cup shredded spinach
1/4 lb of chipotle gouda slices (or 1 cup shredded gouda)
1/4 cup mozzarella
1 box whole wheat shells (cooked) *reserve a third of pasta water to add later*
1. Melt butter in a saucepan. Add onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add in flour and whisk to thicken. Let thicken for a few minutes.
3. Pour in milk, bring to a boil and continue to whisk to incorporate. Add a pinch of salt and a few cranks of pepper.
4. Add in spinach and let cook for about 2 minutes.
5. Add gouda slices and mozzarella and stir in.
When everything is incorporated and thickened add in a small portion of pasta water and stir in. Use your best judgement on how much you add.
Add cooked medium shells and mix together.
Worth every bite.
ps I need work on my photography skills…I will just blame my camera…or bad lighting