I was truly inspired.
Actually Rich demanded shells for his dinner and I just happened to see this in my cabinet.
It also gave me an opportunity to use laughing cow cheese, which I am now obsessed with.
They were pretty simple, and freezable, which is a must for the next couple weeks. No pay day for 3 work weeks, well really since June, means stretching our food as far as possible.
Freezing is also fabulous because I can be super lazy and still get my runs in!
1 box stuffed shells
1 package frozen spinach (thawed)
2 cups frozen corn (thawed)
1 small tub of part skim ricotta (trash went out and I forgot to look at how big oops)
1 wedge of laughing cow cheese (garlic and herb)
couple cranks black peper
pinch of salt
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I like Barilla and it is low in sugar)
1/4 cup mozzarella
1. Prepare shells, leaving a little al dente.
2. Mix together ricotta, laughing cow, spinach and corn. Make sure to season how you like. I crank a lot of pepper in there.
3. Line the bottom of 13×9 pan with sauce.
4. When shells are finished, drain and let cool for a bit. Stuff with ricotta mixture and add to dish.
5. Cover with sauce and mozzarella.
6. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, uncovered.
You could be super fabulous and make your own sauce, or use chopped fresh spinach. Super fabulous is not a part of my lifestyle this week. Maybe next.