Pinterest is my new BFFL – Best friend for life for all you text illiterate.
Down side – I spend waaaaayyyy too much time pinning. Up side – I have discovered a TON of new recipes that I must try.
I found this recipe while pinning deep into the night.
Enchiladas + pasta = greatest combo EVER.
Almost as good as box wine and Millionaire Matchmaker. Almost.
2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic minced
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp red pepper
2 tsp chili pepper
1 can diced chilis
1 can green chili enchilada sauce
2/3 cup red enchilada sauce
1 cup black beans
2 wedges queso fresco & chipotle
1 cup greek yogurt
1 box penne pasta
*garnish as you like
1 cup sour cream
1. Heat onions and garlic until translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and move to mixing bowl.
2. Add shredded chicken, cumin, red pepper, chili pepper,enchilada sauces, and black beans. Let cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low (curdled greek yogurt is gross), add cheeses, and greek yogurt, mixing until incorporated and warm.
4. Add enchilada mixture to pasta and combine.
5. Serve garnished with your favorite taco toppings.
Mexican food is all the same. It is just about the presentation.