Rich took me away for the long weekend. We spent three hot sweaty days standing in line at Walt Disney World. The highlight of the entire trip was visiting Disney’s Wilderness Campgrounds and eating buckets of fried chicken at the Hoop De Doo Revue.
It put a serious damper on my pinning on pinterest, but I did find a drunken pork chop recipe that Rich demanded be cooked as soon as possible.
They were pretty drunk.
Drunken Pork Chops
*Makes 4 to 5
4 to 5 lean pork chops
12 ounces of a dark beer (I used Newcastle)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup ketchup
S&P to taste
1 tbps corn starch
1/4 cup water
1. Season pork chops with salt and pepper and brown in a skillet.
2. Combine ketchup, beer, and brown sugar in a separate bowl.
3. After pork chop are browned on both sides, pour beer mixture over the top and reduce hear, let simmer for 45 minutes.
4. Combine corn start and water in separate bowl, remove pork chops from mixture. Bring to sauce to boil. Add corn starch mixture to boiling water and let thicken.
5. Put chops back into the mixture and coat with sauce. Serve with mash potatoes, rice or french fries.
We went with french fries and corn.