I love veggies. Not that I am about turn down a cookie for a carrot,
but veggies do your body good,
especially when you cannot taste them.
If you do it right, you may be able to trick the biggest veggie hater.
Just find fresh, seasonal veggies, some spice (hello tabasco).
Oh, and pumpkin. mmmmmm pumpkin.
Add some pasta sauce, put it on top of some whole wheat pasta and viola! delicious dinner.
1 box pasta (spaghetti is what we had)
1/2 lb spicy turkey sausage
1 cup onion finely chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1 zucchini finely chopped
1 large carrot finely chopped
1 tomato chopped
1 roasted red pepper chopped
1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz)
1 jar pasta sauce
1 tbsp. cream cheese or laughing cow
1 tsp tabasco sauce
S&P to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Brown sausage until there is no pink. Add onions and garlic, saute until onions are clear.
3. Add carrot and zucchini, cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
4. Add red pepper, pumpkin puree and pasta sauce ( I reserve 1/3 cup pasta water to add if too thick). Let simmer for about 7-10 minutes.
5. Add cream cheese or laughing cow and tabasco to taste, and let cheese melt.
6. Add pasta to mixture, toss to coat and let sit for about 2 minutes.
ps. Rotini is actually my favorite with pumpkin pasta but we were out. Grocery day in 2 more days!!!!