So all last night (being Thursday) I kept reading everyone’s facebook posts about going to the wedding of the year.
And while we invited A LOT of people I did not realize so many people thought our wedding would be the wedding of the year.
We are so flattered.
And then I figured out they were talking about the Twilight wedding.
I hope everyone enjoyed the wedding of the year. I only judge you a little but to give something to judge me back on…
I did watch the Hunger Games trailer six times in
one day every day this week.
And argued with Rich about the greatness of Peeta for about an hour.
And then I bought this shirt.
After gloating about Peeta’s greatness and then realizing I am arguing about a fictional character… I made this Chili.
And put it on top of cornbread waffles.
That is one productive day.
Chili and Cornbread Waffles
3 teaspoons EVOO
2 lbs ground turkey
S & P
1 small onion diced
1 small green pepper diced
1 small zucchini diced
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup chili powder
2 teaspoons oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
3 15 ounce cans of red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes
1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 10 ounce bag of frozen corn kernels
1. heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat, add ground beef, season with S & P, breaking it with a fork until cooked through. Transfer beef to paper towel to drain.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in the pot and add garlic, onions, zucchini, and green pepper. Cooking until soft.
3. Stir in chili powder, oregano, and cumin.
4. Return beef, stir in beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn and 1 and 1/2 cups water. Simmer 30-45 minutes.
1 box cornbread mix
2 tablespoons melted butter
3/4 cup milk
1. Mix ingredients together and put in on a waffle iron.
Top waffle with chili.
Top chili with cheese and sour cream.