I have seen this recipe on Pinterest like 8 million times.
I always mean to pin it but get distracted but something…
usually another ceramic owl.
But I finally put a pin on it today.
And luckily we had most of the ingredients that it called for.
Spinach and Artichoke Pasta
1 box whole wheat pasta (I used shells)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 can artichoke hearts
2 cups fresh spinach
1 cup chopped rapine (I had to get rid of it)
1 cup chopped onion
3 cloves of garlic-minced
1 cup ricotta (she used sour cream but I have issues with sour cream)
3 wedges of laughing cow garlic and herb cheese
1 cup six cheese Italian blend
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 tbsp chili powder
1/4 cup cooked pasta water
1. Boil pasta according to package directions. In a skillet, add olive oil, onions, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
2. Add rapine, and spinach to onion mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
3. In a bowl, add ricotta, wedges, artichokes, spinach/onion mixture, and mix. When noodles are cooked, reserve 1/4 cup water, drain noodles and add to mixture. Add 1 cup of six cheese blend, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, mix well.
4. Add mixture to a greased casserole dish, top with leftover mozzarella, and because I can, some Pepper Jack cheese.
5. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
I had to exchange some of the ingredients. But it still came out very yum.
On her blog she said it was a little bland, so I used the pepper jack to help spice it up a little bit.