Today is Rich’s birthday!
Happy happy birthday to my other half and monkey groomer.
My birthday gift to him was allowing him to do his second favorite thing- golf all day.
I am just assuming that it is his second favorite thing- obviously his first would be spending time with me.
So while he golfed all day long- I baked my butt off.
I found a recipe for Jack Daniels cupcakes that I just had to try.
About half way through I realized that I was drunk off the fumes.
Jack Daniel’s cupcakes
2 cups of flour
3/4 cups cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup applesauce
1/2 cup jack daniels
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Mix dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl combine applesauce, jack daniel’s, buttermilk, and vegetable oil.
3. Combine dry and wet ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
4. Use a 1/4 cup to spoon mixture into cupcake tin.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cake bounces back when lightly touched. Let cool completely.
16 ounces good quality dark chocolate chips
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp unsalted butter- softened
1/4 cup Jack
1. Place dark chocolate chips in a bowl that has a lid.
2. Bring cream to an almost boil, then pour over the chocolate and cover for about 2 minutes. Uncover and stir until smooth.
3. Add butter, jack and mix until smooth. Cool completely.
1 lb butter – I died when I saw this…Paula Dean would be proud of me
1 package of white chocolate instant pudding mix
2 cups of the ganache- the stuff you just made…took me a while to figure it out
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. In a stand mixture beat butter and pudding mixture about five minutes.
2. Turn off mixture, add ganache, cocoa powder and cream. Beat again for about 5 minutes.
3. Add powdered sugar slowly and more Jack if needed.
I had leftover ganache so I topped the cupcake with ganache and then topped with the buttercream.
My house smells like a bar.
A delicious, delicious bar.