Today is our oldest nephews twelfth birthday.
Now I am new to this aunt thing.
So when deciding what to make in Christopher’s birthday honor
I was clueless.
Things I know about Christopher:
1. He likes to ride the Hulk rollercoaster.
Like 4 times in a row.
Yea I was a little sick afterward.
2. He is a ninja.
Well he takes karate.
I just assume he is secretly a ninja.
3. He is pretty smart.
Well he talked me into riding the Hulk 4 times.
Kid’s a genius.
I asked Rich for some input:
“He has red hair.”
So when I decided to make Confessions of a Cookbook Queen’s Cap’n Crunch cupcakes with peanut butter marshmallow frosting, it was a shot in the dark.
Kids like cereal.
Kids like peanut butter.
Kids like marshmallow fluff.
Good enough for me.
So Happy Birthday Christopher.
We love you.
Chocolate Cupcakes *
3/4 cups butter or 1 1/2 sticks at room temp.
2 cups cake flour
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder and soda, and salt, set bowl aside.
2. Beat butter in a mixer for about 30 seconds, add eggs, and slowly add the sugar until combined. Make sure to wipe down the sides and beat one more time.
3. Add in vanilla. Then add milk and flour mixture on low. Kick up the speed for about one minute or until completely combined.
4. I then crushed up 2 cups of Cap’n Crunch and added it to the cupcake batter.
5. Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool and then frost.
*I did not use her exact cupcake recipe, she uses nilla cupcakes. I chose to use my own chocolate cupcakes.*
Peanut Butter Marshmallow Frosting
2 sticks butter, at room temp.
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
4 cups powdered sugar
7 oz jar Marshmallow creme
1. Beat eggs, peanut butter and vanilla extract in a mixer on low until combined.
2. Slowly add in powdered sugar until well combined.
3. Fold in marshmallow creme.
After frosting the cupcakes add a little cereal on top.
This is Kristan’s exact recipe.
She has a zombie she employs that eats the brains of unethical bloggers.
I like my brains so I am giving her the well deserved credit she deserves.
Well that, and I do not want her to make fun of me on her blog.